Annual Fund raises the majority of funds to create a stable revenue source at our school. It’s a direct donation program through a one-time or recurring monthly donation. Our Annual Fund goal for the 2017-2018 school year is $125,000: $370 per student for the school year, or $42 per student per each school month.
Annual Fund Is Efficient and Effective
PTO created the Annual Fund to cover the gap between what DPS provides and the actual cost of providing the programs that make such a difference for all our children. It’s a quick and easy way for family, friends, or out-of-town folks to contribute to your child’s education and receive a tax benefit. Every dollar makes a difference, and every gift is 100% tax deductible. Many companies match a charitable contribution made by employees— which could double or even triple your support.
How Annual Fund Helps Polaris
Annual Fund contributions provide additional staffing and supplementation for areas that are crucial to our students’ educational experiences. Annual Fund helps provide:
- 60% of the cost of paraprofessional salary, which allows every teacher to have a para in the classroom for part of the day
- Funding to pay the electives coordinator, who ensures high quality cross-curricular experiences
- 192 total Friday Electives classes were offered to students (school year 2016-2017)
- 26 new electives were introduced (school year 2016-2017)
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) equipment and supplies
- Specials (Music, Gym, Library and Art) received a small material grant
- Funding assistance for field trips and transportation to extend the classroom experience
Ways to Give to Annual Fund
All funds of any amount are deposited into Polaris’s PTO account and are tax-deductible. Gifts can be made via online, automatic secure transfers from your bank account, online via ColoradoGives, and by check or cash.
Regular Annual Fund gifts are a manageable, hassle-free way to make a difference at Polaris. Recurring donations can be changed or stopped at any time. We have two options for enrolling in recurring donations:
Enter desired gift amount, and under “Donation frequency,” select “Recurring.”
- Automatic bank account debits
We can automatically deduct Annual Fund donations on a recurring basis from your bank account. To set this up, please complete the Polaris Annual Fund Contribution Form.
Here are a few ways to make a one-time donation:
Enter desired gift amount, and under “Donation frequency,” select “Today.”
- Cash or Check
You can drop off cash or checks for the Annual Fund in the Polaris office in the silver box, or mail checks to: Polaris PTO, 410 Park Avenue West, Denver CO 80205. Please write checks to “Polaris PTO.”
For More Information
Have questions about the Polaris Annual Fund? Please email the PTO Fundraising Chair at email@example.com.