Annual Fund raises the majority of funds to create a stable revenue source at our school. It’s a direct donation program through a one-time or recurring monthly donation. Our Annual Fund goal for the 2017-2018 school year is $125,000: $370 per student for the school year, or $42 per student per each school month.
Annual Fund Is Efficient and Effective
PTO created the Annual Fund to cover the gap between what DPS provides and the actual cost of providing the programs that make such a difference for all our children. It’s a quick and easy way for family, friends, or out-of-town folks to contribute to your child’s education and receive a tax benefit. Every dollar makes a difference, and every gift is 100% tax deductible. Many companies match a charitable contribution made by employees— which could double or even triple your support.
How Annual Fund Helps Polaris
Annual Fund contributions provide additional staffing and supplementation for areas that are crucial to our students’ educational experiences. Annual Fund helps provide:
Accomplishments for 2016- 2017:
- Ongoing funding for Paraprofessionals, Friday electives & STEAM
- 192 electives offered to students during the 2016-2017 school year.
- 26 newly introduced electives which includes new community partnerships with Your Soul’s Movement, Craftsman & Apprentice, and The Clyfford Still Museum. Also piloted new classes in 3D Printing, School Newspaper, Drama and Music
- Water fountains were sponsored by Jogathon 2015 and installed in 2016
Fundraising Priorities for 2017 – 2018:
- Paraprofessionals to work hand-in-hand with teachers and meet with students individually or in small groups to focus on math, reading, writing, and other critical subjects.
- The electives program, which let students choose their own classes based on their interests and passions, and expand their educational experience beyond the standard classroom topics.
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) equipment and supplies.
- Funding for field trips and transportation to extend the classroom experience.
Ways to Give to Annual Fund
All funds of any amount are deposited into Polaris’s PTO account and are tax-deductible. Gifts can be made via online, automatic secure transfers from your bank account, online via ColoradoGives, and by check or cash.
Regular Annual Fund gifts are a manageable, hassle-free way to make a difference at Polaris. Recurring donations can be changed or stopped at any time. We have two options for enrolling in recurring donations:
Enter desired gift amount, and under “Donation frequency,” select “Recurring.”
- Automatic bank account debits
We can automatically deduct Annual Fund donations on a recurring basis from your bank account. To set this up, please complete the Polaris Annual Fund Contribution Form.
Here are a few ways to make a one-time donation:
Enter desired gift amount, and under “Donation frequency,” select “Today.”
- Cash or Check
You can drop off cash or checks for the Annual Fund in the Polaris office in the silver box, or mail checks to: Polaris PTO, 410 Park Avenue West, Denver CO 80205. Please write checks to “Polaris PTO.”
For More Information
Have questions about the Polaris Annual Fund? Please email the PTO Fundraising Chair at email@example.com.