The Jogathon is an annual fall student-driven Polaris fundraiser. The 2018 Jogathon is Friday, October 5th, and this year we aim to raise $35,000!
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following roles:
- Gift card solicitors – contact local businesses in your area to ask for gift card donations in $5-20 range. These will be used for grade level prize drawings after the race and are a huge incentive for the kids to get out there and collect pledges.
- Friday elective assistant – help with the Jogathon elective kids. No lesson planning needed, just positive energy and kid wrangling. 5 Fridays beginning September 14th from 2:30-3:20.
- Swag bag coordinator – This year the top three earning classes will all receive a swag bag! This means we need bags and donated items to put in them. Some work has already been done on this front but we are looking for a lead person to make sure we have enough swag, assemble the bags, and help the electives kids distribute after race day.
- Race Day Volunteer Coordinator – We need a parent to help manage volunteers on race day. There will be job descriptions available but we need a lead to help get people to the right place and help with shift transitions
- Jogathon treasurer – this is a larger role to take on but an exciting one! This volunteer would be in charge of checking in with the donation box in the office and tracking donations as they come in. Coordinate with online donation reports and combine the numbers into one spreadsheet. Once all money is collected we will tally results to give out prizes. Note: there will be 2-3 additional helpers but we are looking for a lead.
Questions? Ready to jump in?
Email the Jogathon chair Carrie Lamb at polarisPTOjogathon@gmail.com.