DPS has made the decision to move to an extended spring break for all DPS schools. This decision was made on the advice of medical experts to ensure the health and well-being of all students, staff, and families. Here are the details:
- DPS is implementing an EXTENDED SPRING BREAK and all DPS schools will be closed from 3/16-4/17 for students. Students are scheduled to return on 4/20/20.
- The goal of this closure is to support the practice of social-distancing and mitigate the impact of COVID-19.
- All DPS sponsored activities, gatherings, meetings are canceled. This includes the cancellation of all:
- DISCOVERY LINK programming and camps
- Polaris meetings, including the CSC meeting that was scheduled for 3/16 and the Transportation Working Group meeting that was scheduled for 3/18.
- DPS will provide FREE breakfast and lunch to ALL KIDS in Denver, ages 1-18. Meal service will begin on 3/16 and will last through 4/6. Meals will be packaged so you can just grab and go. Breakfast service will take place from 8-9 a.m. and lunch service will take place from 12-1 p.m. at the following locations: Southwest: Lincoln High School, Southeast: Place Bridge Academy and Joe Shoemaker, Northwest: North High School, Central: DCIS Baker, Northeast: Manual High School, Far Northeast: Montbello and Evie Dennis.