A huge thank you goes out to the entire Polaris community for another successful Jogathon! Donations are still being tallied, but are at $31,500 and counting. The online donation link will remain open through this Friday, October 11th for any final contributions.
Come along to the Stapleton branch of this popular venue. We’ll be there for some friend-ly games, community building, and to share a bite or beverage with friends new and old!
We invite you to the Polaris playground to stay, play, and connect with families the next four Fridays 9/20,9/27, 10/4 and 10/11 from 3:30-4:30pm. Each Friday has the added bonus of a good number of parents who are already on-site teaching the electives program. Why not hang back or drop by and help build and nurture our Polaris Community?! Hope to see/meet you!
Picture Day is coming up on October 2, 2019. Online ordering is the easiest way to get photos. Please be sure to order by Wednesday, October 2nd. Use the Picture Day ID: CG949175Y0 at mylifetouch.com.
Jogathon is coming up! Students are hard at work gathering donations in preparation for the main event on Friday, October 4th. Help them reach the $35,000 fundraising goal!
Click here to make an online donation!
Please be sure to enter your student’s name, grade, and teacher in the Special Instructions.
Visit the Jogathon page for more information.
Parent Socials This Week:
1st and 3rd Grades: You should have received Evites (please check your spam folders as they sometimes get re-routed) or email reminders regarding this weeks Grade Level Socials, graciously hosted by Polaris families. If you have not received these emails, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Wednesday the 11th: 1st grade social hosted by Jocelyn and Oliver Arnold from 6-8 pm
– Friday the 13th: 3rd grade social hosted by the Follett and Shearer families from 6-8 pm
– Thursday the 19th: 2nd grade social hosted by the Gladnick family from 6-8 pm
– Wednesday the 25th: 5th grade social hosted by the Freedman family from 6:30-8:30 pm
– Thursday the 26th: 4th grade social hosted by the Sawyer family from 6-8:30 pm
Please click here to see which Enrichments still have spaces available
In addition to the enrichments offered through Discovery Link, Polaris offers Beginning and Advanced Band, Girls on the Run, and Real Numbers Math. Visit the enrichments page for more information. (https://polaris.dpsk12.org/family-resources/before-and-afterschool-programs/enrichments)
Don’t forget to sign up for before and after school enrichments! Enrichments will run on a trimester schedule this year and all registration will run through Discovery Link. You do NOT need to be enrolled in Discovery Link to participate! Course offerings include:
Denver Young Artists Orchestra
League of Wayfinders
Omniform Martial Arts
Eurekus STEAM & Maker Discovery
Sarah’s Spanish School
Sticky Fingers Cooking
Improv Games & Acting
Little Belly Breath Yoga
Battle Bots Robotics
Craftsman & Apprentice
Art! Art! Art!
Sound Formation – Rhythm & Percussion
Click here for more information! (https://polaris.dpsk12.org/family-resources/before-and-afterschool-programs/enrichments)
Please click here
Thursday, August 29th 6:00-7:30pm. Please plan to join us for Curriculum Night (adults only), where you will learn about the instructional experience being provided to your child in the 2019-2020 school year. We will begin with a welcome to families in the auditorium from 6-6:25pm. To accommodate families with more than one child, we will have two classroom-based sessions taking place from 6:30-6:55pm and 7:00-7:25pm. Both presentations will be the same in content. Additional information will be communicated by classroom teachers.
Friday, August 16th 3:00-5:00pm Welcome back to school! Come meet your teacher, find your classroom, and have a popsicle on the playground! Enter the school on Tremont St., as the playground gates will be open. See you there!
Starting July 29th, if you have any questions, please contact Ana or Lea in the Polaris main office (720) 424-7860.
It’s the required process during which you verify/update your student’s information, including address and emergency contacts.The AFU window is open from July 15, 2019 through August 30, 2019. The process is quick and easy and will ensure that your student and family are prepared for the start of the school year.
Please visit the following sites for any additional information:
SchoolChoice – http://schoolchoice.dpsk12.org
(Click the green button to begin this process)
Parent Portal – https://myportal.dpsk12.org/
Join up with other friends in your grade for some casual play time over the summer! Dates are listed below by 2019-20 incoming grade level. Contact the summer room parent for more information or an Evite will be sent for each event
- Wednesday, June 5 @ 4pm -5.30 pm, Park Hill Elementary at playground (18th & Elm), hosted by Bacon/Stone Families
- Saturday, July 13 @ 10am – 11.30am, Wash Park : the South/new playground, hosted by The Arnold Family
- Monday, August 12 @ 6pm – 8pm, James Manley Park at 4th & Josephine, hosted by The Schock Family
1st grade Summer room parent : Meghan Schock
- Sunday, June 30 @ 4pm-6pm, Outside Sweet Cow Ice Cream at Stanley Marketplace, hosted by Molly Garg/Julie Gladnick
- Thursday, July 18 @ 6:30pm-7:30pm, City Park Fountains, hosted by Vanessa Constanti & Beth Fleming
- Sunday, August 4 @ 9:30 am – 11:30 am, Cheesman Park, hosted by Lisa Neepmer and Kaimee Martelli
2nd grade Summer room parent : Heather Ottele
- Sunday, June 30 @ 10:00 AM, Stapleton Central Park, hosted by Guffey & Shearer Families
- Sunday, July 28 @ 10am to 12pm, City Park, hosted by Peggy Liao & Benjamin Kupersmit
- Wednesday, August 14 4pm to dark, James Manley Park, hosted by Shock & Getzelman Families
3rd grade Summer room parent: Nicole Getzelman
- Sunday, June 9 @ 3pm-5pm , Outside Sweet Cow Ice Cream at Stanley Marketplace
- Wednesday, July 10 @ 5:30 pm-7:30 pm , Crescent Park, 8th and Roslyn
- Wednesday, August 7 @ 6pm – 7:30pm, City Park. Meet at the playground east of Ferril Lake
4th grade Summer room parent : Wendy Barclay
- Monday, June 24 @5:30pm-6:30 pm , City Park’s wooden playground, hosted by Jami Davis
- Friday, July 19 @ 4:30 pm-6:00 pm , Outside Sweet Cow Ice Cream at Stanley Marketplace, hosted by Kara Chitwood and Molly Garg
- Saturday, August 10 @ 10am- 11:30am, Fred Thomas Park playground (23rd & Syracuse), hosted by Jo-Nell Herndon
5th grade Summer room parent : Heather Ottele